Monday, October 29, 2007

The week of pink houses.

If anyone besides me has been reading the comments (and I love comments by the way...) you'll know that our friend Ramsey has been putting up fan fold insulation on his house. By the way, three cheers for Ramsey who took time out from his busy schedule of remodeling and being a professional (ie one that gets paid) musician to come and work on our project. He didn't just come for the fun stuff either, here's the only picture I can find of him...bagging old nasty blown in fiberglass insulation.

This was one of the only jobs that I got to do (carefully respirated of course) before I became too pregnant to help out, so I know from first hand experience how much it sucks! But you have never had a better shower than the one you take after a day of dealing with that stuff.

But we are not dwelling on things that have passed! We are looking towards the future, and the future is rosy indeed...or at least pink.

Because pink is the color that fan fold stuff comes in. Yes yes, we are also getting ready for siding.

First though we must have windows, which will start to be installed tomorrow.

5 comments:

lavoflavland said...

good timing before the snow arrives ;)

Bah, I feel bugger bad.

Anonymous said...

windows and siding soon??? man, stuff just keeps rocking out over in MI. well, congrats on the good progress oh and happy 1st halloween to the little guy!

celticjig said...

Wow, it is looking great! When is the housewarming party??

Suileeka said...

Wow! You've made amazing progress since last I checked in. Awesome.

RH said...

I drove by the other day when I came to visit my dad - looks great. I think y'all still have a chance to finish your siding before I finish mine. Stupid other things keep getting in my way (family back in town, playing gigs) And my helper (wife) left town also! Thanks for the cameo too!

r